The technology of the Sylade 7 was developed for the aeronautical cabling industry and offers a higher level of accuracy and quality, as well as a shorter production time, compared to conventional tools.
The Sylade 7 has become a reference for stripping shielded and twisted cables and meets the new requirements of the aeronautical standards ASD EN2812 and SAE AIR6894.
The Sylade 7 is available as a stand-alone unit or can be integrated into an automatic production line for wire harness manufacturing. In addition, the Sylade 7 meets the requirements for stripping aluminum cables used in the transportation sector. Sylade 7 provides high quality stripping that ensures that the inner conductors of these new technical cable families are not damaged.
Operation of the Sylade 7 is very simple. The operator selects or scans the stripping program and inserts the cable. The stripping process is automatically triggered by a sensor.
The Sylade increases productivity compared to conventional stripping methods. The EasyStripping software enables continuous production without the operator having to manually adjust settings.
- Wire size range OD: 0.9-7 mm (AWG 6-26)
- Stripping length: 2-200 mm (0.08-7.8 in)
- Cycle start: automatic trigger sensor
- Laser cut: circular (single or multiple)
- Insulation material: PTFE, polyimide, ETFE, X-ETFE, FEP, fiberglass, etc.
- Interface: 3.5″ screen, USB, RJ45
- Ambient temperature: +15°C to +35°C (59°F to 95°F)
- Humidity: <85%, non-condensing
- Noise level: <70 Db
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 164 x 461 x 551 mm, (6.4 x 18.1 x 21.7 in.)
- Weight: <26 kg (57 lbs)
- Electrical connection: 90-230 VAC / 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: < 200 W
- Air supply: 6 bar (90 psi)
- Fume extraction: 25 mm hose connection, required air flow >50 m3/h (30 ft3/min)
- Compliance: CE, FDA, FCC, laser class 1 (no safety glasses required).
- Standard: EN2812, SAE AIR6894
- Supplied with EasyStripping Config
- Automatic production mode (software)
- Independent suction
THE SYLADE SERIES
- Sylade 7b Bench Top (blau – 445 nm)
- Sylade 7v Tischplatte (violett – 405 nm)
- Sylade 7d Bench Top (blau und violett – 445 und 405 nm)
WHY LASER STRIPPING?
Over the last two decades, the aerospace industry has seen a huge upsurge in laser processing solutions (cutting, welding, marking, etc.).
Over the last two decades, the aerospace industry has seen a huge upsurge in laser processing solutions (cutting, welding, marking, etc.). The production of electrical harnesses is a booming sector, driven by the strong growth of aircraft production and the race for autonomous cars (multiplication of sensors and multimedia systems, complexity of harnesses). The use of high-precision laser solutions for marking or stripping lighter, technical and sensitive electrical cables is constantly increasing. In recent years, laser cable stripping machines have followed a trend of refinement, increasing in power, size and capacity to address new markets in the industry. Laselec has chosen to work against the tide by relying on innovation, miniaturization, ergonomics and ease of use. Laselec has developed the Sylade, a patented technology for contactless cable stripping based on laser diodes. Used in aerospace cabling applications, Sylade technology offers a level of precision, quality and consistency far superior to conventional tools. Laser stripping is establishing itself as the best solution for stripping shielded, twisted and multi-conductor cables, meeting the new requirements of aerospace standards ASD EN2812 and SAE AIR6894, updated and published in recent months. Available as stand-alone units or integrated in an automated harness manufacturing solution, Sylade products perfectly meet the requirements for stripping aluminum cables also used in the transportation sector. Their use guarantees that the highly sensitive strands of these new families of technical cables are not damaged.